Of all the water sports that exist, paddle boarding is without a doubt, one of the most popular.
While a lot of water sports are very much all for the adrenaline kick and the thrill of it all, paddle boarding is a lot more focused on enjoying the water, and the view.
It is a lot more relaxing and allows you to feel very much at one with the water beneath your board.
Whether you complete traditional paddle boarding, or its alternative stand up paddle boarding, it is guaranteed to be an enjoyable experience.
As its name suggests, the key to paddle boarding is the board itself. A good board will make the experience one hundred times better, so you must invest in one which is right for you.
With so many different types of paddle boards on the market, this can be difficult. We understand this, and that’s why we’re here to help with this guide to the best inflatable paddle board on the market.
It is packed with all the information you need to know about some of the best paddle boards available, with an additional buyer’s guide and even an FAQ section to aid you in your search.
In a hurry?
It is packed with excellent features which we believe make it the best on the market, including:
- An extremely lightweight and durable build using high quality, military-grade material.
- Designed for use by people of all skill levels on a variety of different types of water, including the ocean, freshwater lakes, and rivers.
- Comes with everything that you need for paddleboarding, all of which can be packed away into a backpack for easy portability.
- It weighs only 17.5 pounds making it comfortable and convenient for use wherever you go in the world.
OUR TOP PICK
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 0.2 Drift 10’8” Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 0.3 SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 0.4 FunWater Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 0.5 DAMA Youth 10” Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 1 Best Inflatable Paddle Board Buying Guide
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
Our favorite option on the market is the Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. We love this board because it is packed with excellent features which have caused us to rank it as the best available.
As well as being excellent value for its price tag, this board is built with extremely durable materials which guarantee you will be able to use it for years to come.
It is one of a handful of boards on the market which has utilized military-grade material to construct the board, ensuring it can withstand even the toughest of waves.
Despite using this tough material, the board is still very lightweight, weighing only 17.5 pounds, which is nothing when you realize the board has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds.
This board is comfortable to use, and a convenient choice if you don’t know which product to pick. This is because it comes with absolutely everything that you need for a day out paddleboarding, from a collapsible aluminum paddle to a pump that can be used to pump up the board.
When you consider all of these features, and that it comes with its own carry backpack, there’s no question that this is one of the best options available.
- Built with high quality, military-grade material
- Extremely durable while also being lightweight
- Suitable for people of all skill levels and for use on the ocean, freshwater lakes, and in rivers
- Weighs only 17.5 pounds with a maximum capacity of 300 pounds
- Comes with everything that you need to go paddleboarding, all contained in a handy backpack for easy portability
- Comfortable and convenient to use wherever you go
- No notable drawbacks
We also loved the Drift 10’8” Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. This board is an excellent option if your priority with an inflatable paddle board is how quickly you can use it once you arrive at the beach.
This board has one of the quickest inflation and deflation rates out of the boards we have looked at and is also incredibly easy to store and take with you on your travels.
It is also able to travel incredibly well because it comes in a high-quality carry bag that has enough room to carry the board and all of its accessories, while still being comfortable on your back.
The board itself is also constructed of military-grade PVC material, ensuring a highly durable build and many years of enjoying the board at sea.
It is also provided with extra durability as the different fabric panels are connected using composite drop stitch fibers, which are very sturdy.
Just like the board that we looked at before, this one also comes with absolutely everything you need to enjoy paddleboarding wherever you go.
Finally, it is made with a wide deck and performance shape which provides it with extra stability, making it an excellent board for those of all skill levels who are interested in paddle boarding.
With all this in mind, there’s no doubt this is one of the best options available.
- Quickly inflates and deflates for easy storage and portability
- Travels comfortably in a high-quality carry bag which contains the board and all its accessories
- Highly durable and made of military-grade PVC material
- Extra durability provided by the composite drop stitch fibers which hold the different parts together
- Comes with everything you need to enjoy paddleboarding wherever you go
- Made with a wide deck and performance shape so it can be used by people of all skill levels
- No notable drawbacks
Another excellent option is the SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. This is another great paddle board that is suitable for those of all skill levels, from beginners through to advanced.
This is thanks to its wide SUP design which provides added stability and balance to the board. It also has superior maneuverability as it comes with triple bottom panel fins for improved speed, steering, and handling.
Finally, it comes with a non-slip soft deck, making it the perfect option for those who are beginners at paddle boarding and don’t know where to start.
Just like the other boards we have looked at, this board is also able to inflate and deflate quickly and easily, giving you the freedom to use this board wherever you want.
This product does not only include the paddle board itself, but it also comes with all the essentials you will ever need when you are out paddle boarding.
All of these accessories come in a handy carry bag, allowing you to easily take them with you wherever you want to paddle board.
Although its maximum weight capacity is less than some of the others we have looked at, there is no question that this is one of the best options available.
- Wide SUP design for improved stability and balance
- Superior maneuverability with triple bottom panel fins for better speed, handling, and steering
- The non-slip soft deck is perfect for beginners
- Quickly inflates and deflates for easy use wherever you are
- Complete paddle board comes with all the essentials that you need
- Maximum capacity of 275 pounds
- Better suited as a beginners board
You should also consider the FunWater Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. This board is another excellent option no matter what skill level you are.
The FunWater Inflatable Paddle Board is designed with features that will benefit users of all abilities from beginners to extremely experienced paddle boarders.
One of these great features is its construction which provides the board with excellent balance and stability.
The board is constructed with incredibly strong materials for a durable design, including an additional PVC layer to extend the life of the paddle board.
It has the largest weight capacity out of the boards that we have looked at as it is suitable for users weighing up to 330 pounds.
Finally, this paddle board also comes with everything that you need to go paddle boarding.
From an adjustable aluminum paddle to a high-pressure pump, this board supplies you with absolutely everything that you need to enjoy a day on the water.
With all this in mind, there’s no doubt that this is one of the best options on the market.
- Ultralight design is super easy to transport
- Very stable making it a great option for those of all skill levels
- Ultra-durable design is constructed with an additional PVC layer so that it lasts longer
- Maximum capacity of 330 pounds
- Constructed with amazing balancing ability
- Comes with everything you need for paddleboarding, including an adjustable aluminum paddle, a high-pressure pump, and lots more
- The aluminum paddle isn’t the best quality
Finally, we cannot forget about the DAMA Youth 10 inch Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board.
This paddle board differs from the others we have looked at as it is specifically designed for use by teens and youth.
Despite this, it is still one of the best options on the market. It is designed with ultralight PVC drop fabric providing a durable design.
Additionally, it has an anti-slip soft deck which provides a better grip for added safety, perfect for younger paddle boarders and beginners.
This paddle board comes with an ergonomic design allowing it to be one of the most lightweight paddle boards on the market as it is 45% lighter than most standard boards.
It also comes with a grip handle and D steel rings which make the board more convenient to use.
Finally, it is one of the quickest boards to inflate and deflate, as both of these functions can be completed in less than 15 minutes.
With all of these excellent features considered, there’s no doubt this is one of the best options available.
- Made with ultralight PVC drop fabric
- Durable design with anti-slip soft deck for safety and better grip
- Super stable design is perfect for teens and youth
- Ergonomic weight is 45% lighter than most standard boards
- Quick to inflate and deflate - takes only 15 minutes to do both
- Comes with a grip handle and D steel rings for added convenience
- The quality is equivalent to the price you pay
Best Inflatable Paddle Board Buying Guide
The paddle boards that we have looked at above are some of the best options available, but if you still aren’t sure, we’ve put together this quick buyer’s guide to help.
It’s packed with all the information you need to know about paddle boards to ensure you buy the one that is perfect for you.
Board Size and Shape
The first thing you need to consider is the shape and size of the board that you are purchasing. The key to purchasing the right paddle board is to purchase the one that is perfect for your size.
Generally, you should match the height of your paddle board to your own height. So if you are a taller person, you should go for a larger board, alternatively, if you are smaller you should choose a smaller board.
As well as the size of your board, you also need to consider the shape of it. Paddle boards come in a variety of shapes which will affect how they paddle on the water.
If you want stability, you should go for a wider paddle board. Alternatively, if you want a faster paddle board you should go for one which is longer and thinner in shape.
Another very important thing to consider is the materials used to build the paddle board.
If you are buying a paddle board you likely want it to last, and the key to its durability lies in the materials it is built with.
Although there are a wide variety of materials that could be used to build the paddle board, one particularly popular option is PVC. It has become increasingly popular for manufacturers to use military-grade PVC when they are building their paddle boards.
This material is incredibly durable and is guaranteed to last for years to come which is why it has become such a popular option.
However, you will notice that some manufacturers do choose to use other materials that are also incredibly durable.
If you are looking to buy an inflatable paddle board, you will be aware that this design of paddle board requires extra accessories to enable you to use the board.
Most noticeably, an inflatable paddle board will require inflating before you will be able to use it on the water.
Due to this, the majority of inflatable paddle boards will come with a variety of additional accessories which make the experience a lot more enjoyable.
From a manual or air-pressure pump which will enable you to inflate the paddle board, to a collapsible paddle, there are lots of things you might find included in the product.
A lot of these additional accessories will be things that can make your time paddle boarding more convenient or safer.
These paddle boards also usually come with a handy carry bag which allows you to store the board and all of its accessories safely within it.
These bags also often come with additional space for you to store your personal items in it for ultimate convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an inflatable paddle board?
Due to their large size, paddle boards are generally very difficult to transport. This makes it hard, especially if you do not live near any water where you could use the board.
An inflatable board makes transporting easy, as it is much smaller when not inflated. Most inflatable paddle boards come with a bag which makes transporting the board and its accessories easy.
How do I choose an inflatable paddle board?
There are a variety of things that you should look at to find the inflatable paddle board which is best for you.
We’ve looked at this in more depth in the buyer’s guide, however, we’ll briefly cover the categories you need to consider again.
You should think about the area and the water upon which you will use the paddle board. You should also consider your own skill level at paddle boarding, and buy a board according to your own abilities.
Finally, you should consider the construction of the board, including the materials used for its durability, and the design to ensure that it is capable of supporting your height and weight.
What size paddle board should I get for my height?
When you are buying a paddle board, as we have mentioned, you need to consider your own height before making a purchase.
There is no exact science to purchasing a paddle board that is right for your height, however, there is a general rule of thumb.
If you are looking to buy a paddle board, it is recommended that you purchase a board that is between 9-10 inches taller than your own height.
Generally, if you do this, the board will be the perfect size for your height.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.